Post by 121jiggawatts on Aug 15, 2017 10:51:35 GMT
I've never played a table top RPG, but I have been interested for a long time! I was wondering if anyone is planning to start a D&D campaign anytime soon, and whether you might like another player? I live in Wootton so I could easily get to Bedford regularly if the dates are right (or could possibly even host if a venue is needed).
There's lots of tabletop role playing going on at the club at the moment. Here are some options:
1) Pathfinder Society Sundays Every 2nd Sunday of the month about 14 players come to the club to play 4hour one off missions of Pathfinder (a dungeons and dragons like fantasy genre game). You can find out more about this here: www.warhorn.net/events/bedford-pathfinder
2) Fortnightly on Monday nights at the club is Mike's ongoing Pathfinder campaign which might be a possibility. Is there room for another in your game Mike?
3) my own 5th edition Dungeons and dragons game currently runs fortnightly on Monday nights (alternating with Mike's game). This currently has an uncertain future but, if we find a new dm, might well have space or will morph into a new game looking for players!
In any case, welcome and do come and talk to us on a Monday night at the club (first visit is free) and we'd be very happy to discuss options
Hello jiggawatts – you are, of course, most welcome
Just to clarify
Firstly the club meets every Monday evening from 7pm onward at the North End Working Men's club on Roff Avenue and also on the second Sunday of each month from 12pm at the same address. The next Sunday will be on 10th Sep 2017. See this tread for further details.
1) Pathfinder Society Sundays Arguably the simplest entry point for a newbie, so feel free to come along and join in. This uses the Pathfinder system which is actually a streamlined version of D&D v3.5 &ndash all the game rules can be found here. Pathfinder Society games use a slightly modified set of rules – these can be found here.
2) My fortnightly game also runs on the core Pathfinder rules. This runs every other Monday night with the next session being next week (Monday 21st August) and you will of course be welcome. If you are interested you should also check out this thread for more details. This probably looks a little daunting if you have not played pathfinder before, but feel free to come along anyway. If you have not been able to build a character by then we can include you anyway – helping you generate a character or maybe having you run the main opponents for that session (so you have a try before deciding if you like the game or not).
3) Chris' D&D 5 game also runs every fortnight, alternating with my Pathfinder game. Since there is a kind of unwritten convention that entry into a game is at the discretion of the GM, I will leave that for Chris to comment on. All I will say about that is that the future of this game appears, unfortunately, to be in some doubt (refer to this thread) although there do appear to be options for replacing it.